Robotics in India has been mainly challenged by the high cost of adoption, lack of accessibility, and lack of skilled talent. Consequently, our project IRAS-HUB will address the lack of skilled talent in robotics technology in India.
The EU has sanctioned funding of ~800,000 Euros for three years involving ten partners from 5 countries. As the lead institute, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi will collaborate with the following partners:
1. International Institute of Information Technology, India
2. Indian Institute Of Information Technology, India
3. Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy
4. Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
5. Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
6. CRETHIDEV, Greece
7. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India
8. Addverb Technologies, India
9. Technical University of Crete / Πολυτεχνείο Κρήτης, Greece
Without the significant support from the entire team from India and the EU, including my IIITD colleagues Sanat K. Biswas and Sayan Basu Roy, it would not have been possible. The project will formally start in January 2023, and we look forward to the support and collaboration from all stakeholders, including fellow academicians, public agencies, and robotics industries, in this national-level capacity-building initiative.